house portraits

David Wardman, Double Bay House, watercolour

David Wardman, Double Bay House, watercolour

A lovely watercolour painting of your house by artist David Wardman

The cost in most cases is $875.00 for a painting approximately 38 x 28 cm on A3 size paper.A very complicated painting, of say a group of buildings, may cost up to $2000.00 Cost will be confirmed once I see what has to be illustrated, I will be working from photographs.

I offer a guaranteed refund if you are not absolutely delighted with the finished painting (this has never been necessary in decades of working with my clients).

Email me at david@wardman.com.au so that I can describe the process more fully. Each portrait begins with a discussion, then planning and sketching to capture the right view and mood. Shipping within Australia is usually included in the price, if the work is unframed. The work is shipped boxed (flat).

When we have finalised the details I will send you a commission form confirming the ideas that we have discussed. I will prepare a preliminary sketch for you to see, and when you approve the sketch you send me a 25% deposit, I will then complete the painting and send you a digital copy or mail you a photo and when you approve this you are asked to send the remaining 75% and I then send you the finished painting.

Houses, our houses, carry emotions, they are not only, hopefully, beautiful physical environments but over the years it is where we have loved each other and our children and perhaps our pets. The portraits that I create convey emotion, they are not just depictions, but works of art with feeling.

Firstly, please contact me by email or call: 0418 965 071.